Tuesday, June 22, 2010


I don't have a lot of information yet, but I did hear from Barb today..... Grand Rapids is going to take on Huntar's case!!!! Another update will come as more information becomes available!!!!!!

Don't forget-

The benefit Rummage Sale in Hancock is happening this Friday and Saturday......

You can "Feed the Pig" at Napa in Houghton to help........

There are cans all over the Copper Country "Change for Huntar"

And very soon, you will be able to order a Huntar's Helping Hands T-shirt or Sweatshirt!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Benefit Photos

Today marked the end of another successful Benefit Event! However, there is still a LONG way to go before all of the necessary funds will be raised. Here are a few photos from the benefits thus far. Thank you all for keeping Huntar in your thoughts and prayers and for supporting both him and Barb on this journey.

Here are some photos from the Pancake Breakfast:

Here are some photos from the Karaoke Night at Bleacher's Sports Bar:

Here are a few pictures from the Benefit Yardsale in Ishpeming:

There will be information coming soon, but we plan to sell T-shirts and Sweatshirts to help raise funds too! Huntar enjoyed his first time finger painting and we turned his hands into a great logo!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Updates and Upcoming Benefits

The Daily Mining Gazette featured a story about Huntar's situation, and a number of benefits are taking place during the month of June across the Upper Peninsula.

June 5: Bleacher's Sports Bar in Hancock- Karaoke Night 8pm-2am, part of the proceeds will go to the Huntar Gustafson Fund

June 11, 12, & 13: Benefit Yard Sale: 117 New York St, Ishpeming. Friday Noon-7, Saturday and Sunday 9am-3pm. To donate or help out contact Amy at 906 225 5594 or Amber at 906 362 4441

Another Benefit Yardsale will be held in the Copper Country the last weekend in June. More information will be coming soon.

This is what I know in terms of an update:

1) Through the power of social networking and folks spreading the word contact was made with a doctor downstate who knows a couple of other doctors who may be able to help Huntar. A copy of the imaging studies done has been sent to them for review. At this point, we are just waiting to hear back from them.

2) Barb's dad has been trying to get to the bottom of what exactly caused the services in Minnesota to be denied. It appears that the insurance was willing to pay a percentage of the cost, but the hospital was not willing to accept that percentage. I believe that there are a few lawyers involved at this point, as there was a question as to whether the hospital was in violation with their Medicaid contract/agreement in denying Huntar's care. Everyone seems to be pointing fingers at everyone else and no formal denial of services has been received in writing, although it has been requested.

3) Huntar seems to be doing well at this point, but we are still looking at any options out there. If you have any other suggestions or recommendations please continue to pass the information along.

Thanks for your continued support!